- OUR OUTDOOR VERSION OF POLISHED CONCRETE -
WHAT IS PAVILION FINISH CONCRETE?
An easy to clean, non-slip, contemporary finish for new or existing external concrete surfaces.
WHAT SHOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT PAVILION FINISH CONCRETE?
Pavilion finish concrete is achieved by grinding down the concrete to reveal the stones that are underneath the surface. We use our specialised equipment to create a premium outdoor surface that offers functionality and high visual appeal.
Following the grinding, the surface is etched. Etching slightly eats down the concrete matrix surrounding the stones, producing a permanent texture to assist with slip resistance. This results in a surface that is suitable for outdoor areas in all conditions, at all times.
A penetrating sealer is used to assist with stain resistance but will not add a slippery layer to the surface. To maintain the surface protection, it is recommended to reseal the area every 2 to 4 years depending on environment and traffic. This is a simple process and can be done by us or you.
Existing concrete slabs will require a sample grind. We do this to show a representation of the result and to confirm the concrete is suitable for pavilion finish. This is a quick process on a small area that will play an important, proactive role in addressing any concerns while giving an insight into the transformation that is to come.
PAVILION FINISH IN SUMMARY:
- Designed for external floors
- Achieved by a mechanical process, not a product rolled on the surface
- Has a permanent texture “etched” into the surface. Suitable for outdoor conditions
- Soft to walk on barefoot. Just the right amount of grip
- Eye catching. Has a contrast between shine and texture for a unique appearance
- Durable, hygienic and low maintenance
- Customisable, within the limitations of the concrete and its environment
- Can be done to new or existing concrete floors. A sample grind is required for existing slabs
- Resealing every few years is a simple process and can be done by us or you.
Still have more questions about pavilion finish?Find Answers Here