- INDOOR CONCRETE SURFACES AT THEIR BEST -
WHAT IS POLISHED CONCRETE?
An exceptionally durable and aesthetically impressive finish for new or existing internal concrete floors.
WHAT SHOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT POLISHED CONCRETE?
Polished concrete is achieved by first grinding down the concrete to reveal the desired amount of stones, which are underneath the surface. The raw materials within the concrete slab are refined by our specialised machinery to produce a floor that will positively contribute to the look and feel of your whole space.
The sleek look of polished concrete is created by the diamond tooling under our equipment. We use this tooling to mechanically polish the floor into a highly sought-after finish that cannot be replicated by any other technique or product.
During the polishing process, the surface is chemically hardened to its optimal limit. This is what helps create the durability of the floor. Despite the density of the finished surface, polished concrete has a soft, inviting feel to the skin.
We use an impregnating sealer. The impregnating sealer saturates the pores within the concrete to assist with stain resistance and provide a film free surface that cannot be easily scratched.
You don’t need a brand-new concrete slab. As long as the floor has structural integrity and the levels are within tolerance, our specialised equipment, process and knowledge will assess, restore and refine the surface into the desired result. As part of our proactive approach, we conduct a sample grind on the existing floor to give you a visual of what lies beneath.
Satin or high gloss? Stone or no stone? The answers to these sorts of questions can only be determined by a conversation between us, you and the limitations of your concrete floor. That is what makes every job unique.
POLISHED CONCRETE IN SUMMARY:
- Designed for internal floors
- Achieved by a mechanical process, not a product rolled on the surface
- No grout lines or joints
- Durable, hygienic and low maintenance
- Extremely hard finish, although surprisingly soft to the touch
- Visually appealing, has a large influence on the space that it is in
- Customisable, within the limitations of the concrete and its environment
- Can be done to new or existing concrete floors. A sample grind is required for existing slabs
Still have more questions about polished concrete?Find Answers Here